R oy and Mary Skroch purchased the Davis Funeral Home in Flandreau from Anna Davis in October of 1950. Anna, a licensed embalmer, and her husband, William H. Davis, who died in 1946, was a 3rd generation family in the funeral and furniture business. The business name was changed to Skroch Funeral Chapel. Mary was a registered nurse and practiced for many years at the Flandreau Municipal Hospital and later at Riverview Manor Nursing Home in Flandreau. Mary was also a licensed funeral director. In 1958 Roy and Mary built a new funeral home at its present location. They added a funeral chapel in Elkton, SD in 1974. Mike joined the funeral home in 1975 and in 1979 they purchased the Thomas Funeral Home in Flandreau and Thomas-French Funeral Home in Colman. A new facility was built in Colman in 1981 and an addition was built on to the Flandreau location in 1990. Jackie joined the staff fulltime in 1992.